[Vision2020] Tom Lamar's Editorial Re: Hawkins Water & Sewer

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:07:07 PST 2008

To "Off List" Responder In This Thread-

This is not personal.  I do not know you.  You may very well be "smarter"
than I am, or more informed about many issues.  Many smart people have
biases that color how they view the world, as we all do.  Being smart does
not ensure that someone looks at all sides of an issue.  And those of modest
intelligence sometimes can be more open minded than the "brilliant."

If you want to believe there are not critical global problems, with serious
long term economic impacts, with population expansion, resource depletion,
species extinction, ecosystem degradation, and anthropogenic climate change,
as many nations try to emulate the energy intensive consumer society of the
USA, still mostly dependent on depleting CO2 emitting fossil fuels, which is
now hitting the US economy hard as oil climbs over 100 dollars a barrel,
that's your choice.  My "sky is falling" mentality, as you put it, implying
my analysis is more emotion than reason and fact based, is based on the
facts of resource limits and environmental impacts, in a world of expanding
industrialization and consumption.  US consumers are the most powerful
economic force in the world among all nations having an impact with their
buying power and political and economic choices, on the above mentioned
variables influencing the future of our world.  And we on the Palouse are
part of this global equation.

Ted Moffett