[Vision2020] Response to Mexican Wal-Mart Column

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 23:36:40 PST 2008

Boy, isn't this ironic and titillating! Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now, isn't it? Their karma ran over their dogma.

  "She is a lawyer with political connections in Mexico and would like to explain to her family, friends and others that every dollar spent at Wal-Mart in Tepic leaves their community and deprives small shopkeepers of their livlihood." Wouldn't that be peso, not dollar?

  Keep in mind, that these Wal-Mart stores in Mexico support illegal immigrant jobs here in the United States, and go to pay retirement accounts for UI and MSD employees.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

nickgier at adelphia.net wrote:
  Greetings:

Just thought I would share with you a comment from NewWest E-Mag on my column on the Mexican Wal-Mart strike.

By Ron Johnson, 2-13-08
Professor Gier,

Great article!

My Mexican wife would like a copy of this article en Espanol. A large Wal-Mart has come to her family's town -- Tepic, Nayarit (three hours northest of Puerto Vallarta) -- of 300,000 inhabitants and has already caused several small hardware and grocery stores in their neighborhood to close.

She is a lawyer with political connections in Mexico and would like to explain to her family, friends and others that every dollar spent at Wal-Mart in Tepic leaves their community and deprives small shopkeepers of their livlihood.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com