[Vision2020] tonight's democratic debate

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:33:50 PST 2008

Sue,

I can't go with her because of the positions she has taken on foreign policy and what I see as her reflexive lunge to the right when she is challenged as a 'liberal.'

She made a conscious decision to not apologize for her Iraq war vote, and it immediately cost her my vote as well as others who feel as strongly as I do on this issue.  She tried to explain it away by saying she would have done something different 'if she knew then what she knows now.'  That doesn't work for me, as the information was available then too.  She also says she didn't think Bush would go to war with that authority.

If that is the case, why did she vote for Kyl-Lieberman, and give him the authority he may well use to bomb Iran?  If you question Bush's use of the authority you give him, why give him more?

I hear arguments that she's intelligent and experienced, and then I look at what she does, and I cannot support her.

I do agree with your second paragraph in its entirety.  Apparently that is not a position politicians in America are allowed to take, and our foreign policy suffers grievously for it.

Sunil