[Vision2020] tonight's democratic debate

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Feb 26 20:04:58 PST 2008

Any comments about tonight's debate?  I thought Obama won, unlike the debate two weeks ago.  Here's a prediction:  When he gets the nomination, he will pick Bill Richardson for Vice President.  Further prediction:  I will do cartwheels in glee.  But as much as I like Richardson -- which is to say, very much -- I would, if I were advising Barack Obama, recommend that he reach across the aisle, diffuse the monopoly on military background that McCain has claimed, and choose Nebraska Sen. Chuck Hagel.  He's a fiscal moderate, a social moderate, a staunch opponent of the war in Iraq, and lends the foreign policy/military service gravitas that some say Obama lacks.

Keely