[Vision2020] Campaign Finance Reform/ was Narcissist Nader May Run Attention

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:36:12 PST 2008

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Garrett Clevenger
<garrettmc at verizon.net> wrote:

>  From what I know about the minority opinion of the
>  Supreme Court ruling on this, they say [campaign finance reform] violates
>  "free speech"

Hmm.  Tough call.  Free speech isn't absolute.  We can't defame,
perjure, divulge company secrets, or advocate the overthrow of the
government, to name a few restrictions.  Obviously, limitations are
sometimes necessary.  Maybe I could make the argument that unregulated
campaign financing (or loosely regulated campaign financing) favors
the have-mores.