[Vision2020] Philosophy of Religion Class: All are welcome

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 23 10:35:46 PST 2008

Greetings:

Every Wednesday night from Feb. 27 to May 17, I will teach an abbreviated form of a philosophy of religion class that I taught at the UI for 30 years.

The time is 7:30-9:00 and meets at the Yellow House, just west of the Unitarian Church at 2nd and Van Buren in Moscow.  All are welcome to come and debate the basic topics that return again and again to the Vision and to just about any sophisticated bull session.

The syllabus will be a fairly standard one with topics such as the existence and attributes of God, free-will and God, God and evil, creation and evolution, eschatology.  A special feature of my course since its inception is a focus on process theology and how it differs from classical theism.  If there is interest, we will also deal with these issues from an Asian perspective.  A sample of the topics and many of my essays can be found at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/305/home.htm.

If you are a UI student, you can sign up for 1-3 credits as a directed study under Phil 499, and I trust that a similar arrangement could be made for WSU students.  Graduate students are also welcome to attend, and I will meet with each student, regardless of their class standing, to make an agreement about special topics, and amount of work required, and the number of credits.

Hope to see some of you there, even Donovan.

Nick Gier, not a "former" philosophy teacher