[Vision2020] [Spam 6.70] Re: Support for veterans

Dave tiedye at turbonet.com
Fri Feb 15 18:32:02 PST 2008

Hi Roger, I guess I didn't make myself clear (a common problem with my
writing)

I was referring to something I heard on the radio a few years back, I
wish I could remember who it was so I could back the stats up.  First,
these are Vietnam veteran stats. (pulled from the VA's website the guy
said), not the current high suicide rate that was being discussed here
earlier.

And I am talking about overall deaths, not a death rate.  Big
difference, of course the active duty death rate (i.e. over a short
time) is higher.  I am talking about the total number of Vietnam veteran
suicides since and during the "war" vs. total active duty deaths.

I wonder how the "died of cancer due to napalm and agent orange" number
compares.

Dave

--
Windows, OSX, or Linux is the same choice as:
McDonalds, Burger King, or a (real) Co-Op.