[Vision2020] Water and Sewer Agreements: second reply from Walter Steed

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:56:33 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 5:27 PM, Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2008 5:20 PM, Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:
> \
> > This indicates clearly that Mr. Steed knew Garrett might post his
> response
> > to the list, and asked him not to.  But I disagree with Mr. Steeds
> decision,
> > and the obvious avoidance of Vision2020 by many public officials, to
> refuse
> > to engage in dialog on Vision2020.
>
> I took it to mean that he knew that Garrett was posting his emails to
> Vision2020, and wished for Garrett to make clear that  this
> second-hand participation was not an invitation to contact him
> directly.  Garrett complied by publishing that excerpt.

I understand this interpretation.

But if Mr. Steed is open to all e-mails from private individuals, as he
wrote below,

"I try to respond promptly at all e-mails sent directly to me by
individuals,,,"

this might contradict the statement he does not want Garrett to "incite
Vision2020 to start sending everything to me..." as he also wrote.

So is Mr. Steed open to anyone subscribed to Vision2020 contacting him
privately?  Or was he saying he did not want a flood of private e-mails
from Vision2020 subscribers?

For Garrett to post his responses to the list certainly might invite many
private and/or public responses, no matter who wishes what.

Ted Moffett