[Vision2020] What is Huckabee doing staying in the race?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 23:27:19 PST 2008

A lot people seem to be wondering what Huckabee is doing remaining in the race when John McCain has such a huge lead. The numbers clearly point to the virtual impossible task of Huckabee reaching the number needed to be President.

  However, if Huckabee and other candidates win about 55% of remaining delegates they can prevent McCain from getting the number of delegates he needs to secure the nomination. In which case the convention would be open to all the candidates, and Mitt Romney would win the nomination.

  Since McCain would not like that, he will be forced to give Huckabee the VP spot or enter the convention with no enough delegates to get the nomination. I am sure that McCain would rather get the nomination with Huckabee as his VP, then concede it to Mitt Romney. I think it is likely that Huckabee can keep McCain from winning the needed number of Delegates if he and Ron Paul stay on the ballot, and Mitt Romney's name remains on the ballot of other caucuses and primaries. It is all in the numbers. If Huckabee can keep McCain from getting the remaining 485 needed delegates, he gets to be on the ticket. He is SMART.

  Isn't math fun!

  Best Regards,

  Donovan Arnold