[Vision2020] Postal related question

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Mon Feb 11 20:12:05 PST 2008

I'm not certain what you have in mind exactly but, all new developments in Moscow utilize CBU's (cluster box units) for mail delivery. Each individual box is locked and there isn't any way to put anything in it unless you have the USPS delivery key to open up the back for daily delivery (only postal personnel do) or the individual key for any given box. There would be no way for someone who was distributing tracts or ads to access a whole group of boxes. There is no such thing as a master key for the individual user locks. I don't know about the law regarding the exact situation you laid out but, I deal with rental management and mailboxes on a near daily basis and I have a very difficult time envisioning the scenario you present. The manager would have to show up with a box full of keys and deliver to each unit individually. If you are going to the trouble and expense of putting on postage, why not let the USPS deal with the hassle?