[Vision2020] Snow Removal was Moscow Cares) (Update 02090801)

Bev Bafus bevbafus at verizon.net
Sat Feb 9 17:47:58 PST 2008

Someone quoted Coeur d'Alene law recently in a debate about Moscow's snow
removal policy.

We just returned from CDA, and I must tell you all - even if CDA has a
better ordinance, IT'S NOT BEING ENFORCED.

As much as we might gripe about our City, and the snow removal or lack of
it, our problems PALE in comparison to CDA's.

They have about the same amount of snow as we have, but I did not see ONE
sidewalk that was cleaned, even around the high school and one elementary.
The arterial and connector streets were plowed (one lane) but NONE of the
residential streets have been touched since the big snowfall 10 days ago.
My son's street was at least 12 inches deep in slush.  Many streets are
covered in built up ice, which have developed massive craters.  We did not
go downtown - it might be better there.  My son lives in the newer addition
off of Ramsey Road.

Which just goes to prove, that it's not what laws are on the books that
count, but whether or not they are enforced.

Thanks everybody -

Bev