[Vision2020] Three Water Questions

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 7 22:04:21 PST 2008

Visionaries:

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as informed on the topic as I'd like to be,
and I'm hoping those of you with a better understanding can help me out.

First, can someone please tell me where the whole secret Great Water Sellout
of 2008 started?  Who came up with the whole secret negotiation idea in the
first place, and who at the City was responsible for agreeing to it?  I've
not been able to follow City Council meetings very closely recently, and
I've not been successful at finding this information in Council or Committee
minutes.  If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate
it.

Second, can someone please tell me what effect the City of Moscow supplying
water to the Hawkins development will have on our ability to meet the
voluntary pumping limits in the Ground Water Management Plan?  IIRC, we've
only recently managed to meet the 1% annual increase limit and we were very
close to the top of the 125% ceiling.

Also, since we've apparently lots of water to spare as evidenced by the fact
that we'll be selling it to Hawkins for a song, is the City considering
repealing our Water Ordinance now that we've got council members who are
tired of seeing brown lawns and who, according to their comments during the
various candidate forums, don't think we've got water supply concerns?

TIA,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****