[Vision2020] Hawkins Mall and Moscow

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Feb 6 18:41:13 PST 2008

I admit that I am less than wildly enthusiastic about the perceived lack of
transparency but I am satisfied with the outcome. Some discussions between
public and private entities must, by necessity, be behind closed doors. Now
that I've answered your question how about returning the favor. What is it
that you imagine happened of a nefarious nature that makes the closed
meeting suspect? When closed executive sessions can and can not occur is
governed by Idaho code. Is it your contention that the discussions were
illegal? Just because Hawkins asked for a confidentiality agreement, should
our council have refused to discuss matters of vital regional interest with
them? Would refusing to discuss these matters have been in the best interest
of the city and its residents?