[Vision2020] Ron Paul's Press Release Re: John McCain

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 06:18:55 PST 2008

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS183560+07-Jan-2008+BW20080107

ARLINGTON, Va.--(Business Wire)--In response to John McCain's comment at a
recent town hall event
that he would be fine with keeping American troops in Iraq for 100 -
or even 1 million years - Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul
issued the following statement:

-0-
*T
    "John McCain's statement in favor of keeping troops in Iraq for
     100 years or longer puts him out of sync with the majority of
     Americans, who want our troops to come home. Further, his
     comments recklessly put America at risk as such a statement will
     likely serve as a recruiting tool for Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, who
     appeal to radicals and incite violence against Americans by
     claiming that the US desires to occupy the Middle East
     indefinitely.

    "It is time to act in the true national security interest of the
     United States and begin withdrawal from Iraq and the rest of the
     Middle East immediately. Americans will be far safer under a pro-
     America foreign policy that seeks to end the dangerous idea that
     the US should be the policeman of the world.

    "Further, the financial costs of keeping troops in Iraq for a
     century would be massive - in addition to the steep price in
     American lives. If John McCain really wants such a long term
     presence, he needs to level with the American people and tell
     them that his policy means we will not be able to fulfill our
     obligations here at home."
*T

   According to quarterly FEC reports, Dr. Ron Paul is supported by
more active duty and retired military retirees than any other
candidate to be the next commander in chief. An investigation by the
Houston Chronicle revealed that Congressman Paul received "more
donations from current military...and retired military...than any
other candidate."

Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee
Jesse Benton, 703-248-9115

Copyright Business Wire 2008