[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Ron Paul Spokane Speech On C-Span

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 20:56:29 PST 2008

Sunil Ramalingam wrote:
> On this subject, look at the latest signing statements by Bush,
> claiming he has the ability to ignore Congress' vote limiting his
> power to establish permanent bases in Iraq.

I don't understand why we aren't treating these "signing statements" for
what they actually are: evidence of intention to commit a crime.  The
President simply does not have the power to interpret laws to suit
himself.  He should be held criminally liable if he actually follows
through on what he says he will do in these statements.

Paul