[Vision2020] brief update on Dog Fighting Felony Bill (SB1260)

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 1 12:35:32 PST 2008

Sorry, Chas, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's entirely possible you've
stood beside them while shopping at Winco.

A couple of years back, I served on the City of Moscow's Animal Care and
Control Task Force.  Having been trained and served as a humane office in
California, I'm definitely no Pollyanna when it comes to the unconscionable
and unfathomable things people do to animals.

However, like you, I thought human-engineered dog fighting wasn't a problem
here.  I was absolutely shocked, horrified, and disgusted to learn from the
HSOP that it is, in fact, a problem here.  Specifically mentioned were
college students coming here from other areas and bringing their dogs to
fight.

Besides, didn't Michael Vick look like the rest of us?

Generally speaking, people who light cats on fire, drag dogs to death behind
their vehicles, and commit all kinds of other heinous and barbarous acts on
non-human sentient beings look just like the rest of us . . .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****