[Vision2020] New Year's Apologies and Resolutions

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 09:16:00 PST 2008

I never remember whether it is properly "New Years'" or "New Year's"
(note the placement of the apostrophe), so I went with the choice that
had the most Google results.

Anyway, it has reached that time of year when I am simultaneously
nostalgic and meditative.  If I am going to be regretful, this is also
the time of year when that particular emotion strikes.

My regrets and resolutions are usually inextricably linked.  It is
perhaps sad that every year I make more resolutions for behaviors not
to repeat than I make for behaviors that I will strive to adopt, or
perform, but that is nearly always the case, this year being no
exception.

My apologies specifically to Kit, to Tom, to Keely, To Saundra, to
Ted, and to Donovan.  If I've missed anyone who feels that they
deserve an apology from me, my apologies for that, too.

I resolve to lose weight, again, but this time the resolution involves
keeping it off.

I resolve to judge less.

I resolve to be less hypocritical.

I resolve to procrastinate less.