[Vision2020] Unwanted cell phone calls

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 30 08:02:51 PST 2008

At 7:26 a.m. this morning my cell phone rang. I was in the midst of delicate
maneuvers with breakfast over the stove, and the phone was in another room,
still in its hip holster. Needless to say, I didn't get to the phone, and get
it out of its leather enclosure, before it stopped ringing, and left me with
a missed call message. That was the good news.

The not-so-good news was that the phone call was from (702) 224-2595, in Las
Vegas, NV. A quick Internet search reveals that in recent days this number
has been making a lot of unsolicited calls, and those recipients who answer
them receive a message recorded in Spanish having something to do with money.
I have not heard the message, but many others have.

http://www.callercomplaints.com/SearchResult.aspx?Phone=702-224-2595

So, 1) if you are not already, beware that this non-political, automated cell
phone calling is occurring, and 2) if you are aware of it, what do you do
about it, if anything? Obviously, some people are commenting about it
on-line, but a) is this calling happening to others locally, and, if it is,
b) what's being done about it?

Ken