[Vision2020] Thoughts to Ponder

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Dec 22 06:28:47 PST 2008

"When you take away the books you think are not OK for me, you are taking
away my freedom of thought.  You are taking away pieces of me."

- Lake City High School freshman Sam Fortis, 15, addressing the Coeur
d'Alene School Board during a public meeting to consider whether certain
books, including Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World", should be removed from
the senior reading list.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed — if all
records told the same tale — then the lie passed into history and became
truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future:
who controls the present controls the past.'"

- George Orwell, "1984", Book 1, Chapter 3