[Vision2020] Cake for 3-year-old Hitler Namesake Denied

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 07:49:52 PST 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 06:28:17 Tom Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> I have absolutely no qualms with parents naming their children.  However,
> they should have some degree of respect for thir child's future.

They may want to have more respect for their own future. The Johnny Cash
song "A Boy Named Sue" comes to mind concerning the reaction from the adult
being given a strongly undesired name as a child.

> Can you imagine filling out a job application or a school enrollment
> application, where it requests your full name, and entering "JoyceLynn
> Aryan Nation Campbell".  Just what would be the image of the Campbell
> family?

For a substantial part of the application recipients, ignorant of the meaning
and import of the name Aryan Nation, the image might well be "Oh, well,
that's a little different." Next. Others, who know of Aryan Nations, might
wonder whether this applicant has psychological problems with which the
application recipient does not want to become involved. Next. It seems likely
that only the recipient truly willing to go out of his or her way to find out
the true nature of the applicant would proceed beyond a cursory examination.

Fortunately, for all of these children, on their eighteenth birthdays they can
give themselves the present of a new legal name via the appropriate court in
their area of residence. Then they can decide whether to disown their
parents, or like the boy named Sue, accept them.

Ken