[Vision2020] PERSI COLA

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Wed Dec 17 08:32:54 PST 2008

The PERSI Board of Directors announced that the COLA for 09 will be one
percent.  This starts effectively March 1st.  The COLA was restricted
in terms of an increased as compared to the 5.8% Social Security COLA.
If PERSI had matched the 5.8% COLA it would have meant $220,000,000 and
in the tough economic times that we are facing that simply was not considered
good financial policy by the Board.  I should point that that over the years
that PERSI has not matched the Social Security increase each year, but has
made efforts to catch up when economic times are better with the COLA
adjustment.

Rep. Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail