[Vision2020] The Weather

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:43:54 PST 2008

The official record setting low (since the invading Europeans took over the
Palouse in the late 1800s) for Moscow, Idaho is 42 below zero F. on
December 30, 1968, according to Weather.com historical records.  Consider
that the next night in 1968, a heat wave of -25 below zero F. hit:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/83843
--------------
We might have set a new record low for December 15 last night, given the old
record was a rather balmy (for December record lows)  6 F. set in 1922,
according to the historical records given above.
---------------
But consider the November, 1985 temperatures, for Moscow, Idaho. Six record
low temperatures were recorded:

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/daily/83843?climoMonth=11

Nov. 19  6 F.
Nov. 22  1 F.
Nov. 23  -11 F.
Nov 25   0 F.
Nov. 29 -1 F.
Nov. 30 -9 F.
However, Weather.com's historical record low and high temperatures as listed
on their website from different data bases reveal discrepancies that
indicate errors...

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett