[Vision2020] Some Figures

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 20:57:02 PST 2008

I disagree with the statement that "not everyone pays taxes". Everyone does pay the price of taxes, just not directly.

If a company is charged an extra $5 million in taxes, it will raise the money by raising the cost of the products or services it sells to the consumers, which is everyone.

I am against bailouts for companies unless they provide an essential function to society, such as utility companies, medical services, groceries, etc.

If the government is going to engage in binge spending to prime the economic pump, it should create jobs for rebuilding the infrastructure of the country. It should build bridges, roads, public buildings and utilities. It should create projects to create cheaper, cleaner, and more efficient forms of energy. It should spend it on technological, scientific, and medical research and development. It should invest in better schools, vocational training, hospitals, retirement and low income housing, and community centers. It should modernize the military to be safer for our troops and to maximize accuracy or our weaponry.

Giving billions away, to billionaires, for nothing, will only in the long run, run the country dry and worsen the future economic prospects of the nation.

Best regards,

Donovan