[Vision2020] PR: snow press release12-12-08

Stephanie Kalasz skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us
Fri Dec 12 15:18:42 PST 2008

MOSCOW POLICE DEPARTMENT

118 East 4th Street

Moscow, Idaho 83843

Tel: 208-882-COPS    Fax: 208-882-4020

December 12th 2008

We are under a Snow Advisory on the Palouse so I wanted to send a
reminder to the residents of our city.

Snow piles up fast on the sidewalks with the snow storms we get on the
Palouse.  And we all need to do our part in keeping the sidewalks clear
for the safety of our neighbors and ourselves.

The City of Moscow has an ordinance which requires the residents and
property owners who have sidewalks to clear them of snow, ice and
debris.

Please clear your sidewalks after a snow storm.

Another result of winter weather is having our cars covered with snow
and ice.

Before using your car make sure all of the windows are clear of snow and
ice.  Portholes don't give you enough space to see out and it is against
the Idaho traffic code to drive without all your windows being clear.

Also, brush the snow off of your headlights and taillights.  If the
lights are covered up you won't be able to see and no one will be able
to see you.

If you follow these rules it will make things safer for all of us while
we travel around the Palouse.

Thanks!

DANIEL L. WEAVER
Prepared by: