[Vision2020] Needy Pets

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 23:28:50 PST 2008

Saundra,

I was joking--in part. Sorry you didn't catch that.

But I don't think food banks should hand out Alpo. I think animal shelters should do that. Some people might consider it an insult to be getting dog food when they go to the food bank.

I am not opposed to donating pet food to needy pets. Go for it!

However, there is also the possibility that people with learning impairments, those that cannot read, and non english speaking people, who are heavily mixed with poorer populations, that might mistake the similarlly packaged pet food with human food. It is just best, in my opinion, to keep the dog food and human food seperated for health, safety, dietary, and dignity reasons.

I am sure with a little bit of thinking, you can see my concerns with this idea of mixing animal and people food.

Best Regards,

Donovan