[Vision2020] A Suggestion for Our City Council

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:20:14 PST 2008

Greetings All -

I have a suggestion that I am certain has not been tried before.

How about our City Council serenading the fine people of Moscow with a Christmas song following the Pledge of Allegiance on December 15th?I realize that our city council is supposed to be non-religious and non-denominational when on public display, but you can preface the song with a waiver statement; something like . . ."Although this song references Christmas, we, your city council, wish each and every one of you the best the seaason has to offer and a Happy New Year."I have listed three possible songs.  You are free to select something else if you wish.--------------------------------------------------"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1aguHjgd8gWe Wish You A Merry ChristmasWe wish you a merry ChristmasWe wish you a merry ChristmasWe wish you a merry ChristmasAnd a happy New Year.Glad tidings we bringTo you and your kin;Glad tidings for ChristmasAnd a happy New Year!We want some figgy puddingWe want some figgy puddingWe want some figgy puddingPlease bring it right here!Glad tidings we bringTo you and your kin;Glad tidings for ChristmasAnd a happy New Year!We won't go until we get someWe won't go until we get someWe won't go until we get someSo bring it out here!Glad tidings we bringTo you and your kin;Glad tidings for ChristmasAnd a happy New Year!We wish you a Merry ChristmasWe wish you a Merry ChristmasWe wish you a Merry ChristmasAnd a happy New Year.Glad tidings we bringTo you and your kin;Glad tidings for ChristmasAnd a happy New Year!----------------------------------"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55j7rLp8iIYRudolph, the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw him, you would even say it glows. All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names. They never let poor Rudolph join in any reindeer games. Then one foggy Christmas Eve Santa came to say: "Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?" Then all the reindeer loved him as they shouted out with glee, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, you'll go down in history! ----------------------------------"Jingle Bells"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnTRx_vPGIDashing through the snowIn a one horse open sleighO'er the fields we goLaughing all the wayBells on bob tails ringMaking spirits brightWhat fun it is to laugh and singA sleighing song tonightOh, jingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleighJingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleighA day or two agoI thought I'd take a rideAnd soon Miss Fanny BrightWas seated by my sideThe horse was lean and lankMisfortune seemed his lotWe got into a drifted bankAnd then we got upsotOh, jingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleighJingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleigh yeahJingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleighJingle bells, jingle bellsJingle all the wayOh, what fun it is to rideIn a one horse open sleigh--------------------------------------------------How about it, gang?  Does our City City Council have the spirit or not?Seeya round town, Moscow.Tom HansenMoscow, Idaho
"For a lapse Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go to work."

- Roy Zimmerman