[Vision2020] How Does This Sound?

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 12:31:04 PST 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008 10:55:29 Tom Hansen wrote:
> We all realize that Caroline Kennedy  comes from an extremely renowned
> (globally) family.  But, also . . .
<snip Wikipedia>

Yes, Caroline has followed her parents' predilections for publishing, and is
socially accomplished within the upper class into which she was born.

> In addition to all that, Caroline Kennedy is simply . . . HOT!

The Kennedy and Bouvier bloodlines did combine well in their first-born.

> Take THAT, Sarah Palin.
> http://tinyurl.com/CarolineKennedy
>
> Now, if you will excuse me, I really must change the flowers in front of
> my Caroline Kennedy portrait.  Now that she will be a US senator, I am
> thinking of changing to a longer-lasting foliage.  Recommendations?

I could have done without reading this last paragraph. Considering the history
of the Kennedy family, the idea of "eternal foliage" gives momentary shivers.

However, once over that, the first recommendation is -- don't. One Memorial
Day a few years ago, on a visit to Grandview Cemetery to place fresh flowers
on my father's grave, my mother remarked to me that she never wanted any of
the artificial flowers observable on some of the other graves. "Fresh
flowers, or nothing," she said, and, from an expert gardener such as herself,
and the daughter of an even more avid flower gardener, that was that.

On the other hand, if you decide to periodically replenish a fresh flower
display, the next recommendation is that you should e-mail Caroline and ask
what are her preferred floral arrangements. Her response would give you a
starting point, at least, in choosing what to place before her.

Beyond that, mixed arrangements of seasonal flowers in a variety of vases and
bowls can be quite attractive, especially when coordinated with other
glassware and seasonal decorations. After a lifetime of collecting, my mother
has developed a rotating set of seasonal displays of glassware and
decorations, and various floral arrangements are an integral part of the flow
of her domestic decorations, her internal household couture.

You could do worse than to emulate her example, though I should warn you that
over time, as you collect your favorites, you'll probably realize a need to
build additional storage space for out-of-season decorations and display
components. As George Carlin is known to have remarked, everyone needs a
place for stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Ken