[Vision2020] Say What?

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 06:02:23 PST 2008

On Wednesday 03 December 2008 05:35:19 Tom Hansen wrote:
> "The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the
> intelligence failure in Iraq. A lot of people put their reputations on the
> line and said the weapons of mass destruction is a reason to remove Saddam
> Hussein. It wasn't just people in my administration; a lot of members in
> Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington D.C., during the debate on
> Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world were all looking at the
> same intelligence. And, you know, that's not a do-over, but I wish the
> intelligence had been different, I guess."
>
> - George W. Bush

Well, George, that's a start. Now let's see you go the rest of the way to
admit that the intelligence failure was yours, personally, while you were
still governor of Texas.

http://www.gnn.tv/articles/article.php?id=761

"Two years before 9/11, candidate Bush was already talking privately about
attacking Iraq, according to his former ghost writer

Houston: Two years before the September 11 attacks, presidential candidate
George W. Bush was already talking privately about the political benefits of
attacking Iraq, according to his former ghost writer, who held many
conversations with then-Texas Governor Bush in preparation for a planned
autobiography.

“He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,” said author and journalist
Mickey Herskowitz. “It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to
being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ And he
said, ‘My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the
Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.’ He said, ‘If I have a chance to
invade….if I had that much capital, I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to
get everything passed that I want to get passed and I’m going to have a
successful presidency.”

Herskowitz said that Bush expressed frustration at a lifetime as an
underachiever in the shadow of an accomplished father. In aggressive military
action, he saw the opportunity to emerge from his father’s shadow. The
moment, Herskowitz said, came in the wake of the September 11
attacks. “Suddenly, he’s at 91 percent in the polls, and he’d barely crawled
out of the bunker.” "

The article continues at: http://www.gnn.tv/articles/article.php?id=761

Ken