[Vision2020] Do All Politicians Lie?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 14:29:15 PDT 2008

I assume your inaccurate hyperbole is deliberate, and that you really don't
believe all politicians lie.

I was discussing this issue recently, and offered former Vermont Senator Jim
Jeffords as an example of an honest politician.  When Jeffords woke up to
the scams of the Bush administration in 2001, he left the Republican party
and became an independent, though voting with the Democrats, tilting the US
Senate balance in the Democrats favor.

If you follow someone around with a microphone for years, many people will
contradict themselves, though this is often not deliberate lying.  People
change their minds, sometimes for good reason, or sometimes people phrase
issues differently at different times, or make mistakes and misspeak. But
Jim Jeffords, given what I know about him, was an example of a honest
politician.

However, all newspaper editors are liars (not really, of course)!

To illustrate this claim, here's an example of ridiculous obfuscation,
obscurantism and ad hominem nonsense, regarding one of the most critical
problems facing humanity, that seriously misrepresents the nature of the in
depth and carefully balanced scientific research on this issue that has been
presented by yours truly to Vision2020:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2008-August/055486.html

We were talking about a storm warning. You turned it into yet another take
on global warming.
Dandelions blooming early? Global warming.
Dandelions blooming late? Global warming.
A feather fell off a duck's butt? Global warming.

Kai Eiselein

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett