[Vision2020] Credibility: Roger's and Mine

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Thu Aug 28 10:39:44 PDT 2008

Hi Roger:

I challenged your credibility on your unsubstantiated claim that a President Obama will nationalize our oil.  You admit that you cannot produce any evidence to prove that claim.

You now challenge my consistency on abortion and capital punishment.  I have posted at great length on both of these issues, and I have answered, on several occasions, the charge of inconsistency. There is none.

The moral and legal issues in abortion rest on the status of the fetus as a person.  I have demonstrated that our moral, legal, and religious traditions have held that the fetus is not a person until late in pregnancy.  See once again my full argument at www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/abortion.htm.  If the conservative wants to uphold tradition, then my position is the conservative one.

With regard to capital punishment, there is simply no dispute that the those sentenced to death are moral and legal persons.  As such the state has not right to take their lives.

Nick

Nick

We will have to wait and see. The John Burch Society was right about 80% of the time. The other 20% was so outlandish that it did destroy their credibility. You are right a good deal of the time also. Your inconsistency on being against the death penalty in all cases and being in favor of virtually all abortion also affects your credibility. How can you be in favor of saving the life of a vicious killer and and the same time support  killing someone who is innocent. If you would confine your support for abortion to those cases that would save the life of the mother, you would at least be consistent.
Roger