[Vision2020] On Nationalizing Energy

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:15:36 PDT 2008

Our energy policy is already "nationalized."  We spend billions of taxpayers
dollars on military efforts to ensure access to oil resources to guarantee
that the multinational economic system, in which the US economy is
inextricably linked, maintains functionality.  The cost of oil as a primary
fuel for our civilization should include these military adventures, with
taxpayers paying a huge oil tax to the Pentagon for the defense of oil.  And
if someone thinks this theory is "left wing" propaganda, when former US
Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, a free market "Milton Friedman"
style thinker, left the Federal Reserve, and thus could speak more freely,
it seems, he stated plainly he thought oil was a major factor in the
invasion of Iraq:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2461214.ece

Quote below from URL above:

However, it is his view on the motive for the 2003 Iraq invasion that is
likely to provoke the most controversy. "I am saddened that it is
politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone knows: the Iraq war is
largely about oil," he says.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett