[Vision2020] Being fair and even

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Fri Aug 22 22:42:23 PDT 2008

[Vision2020] Being fair and even

Instead of answering my previous question you deleted it. Here it is
again:
----------------------------------

Roger,

By "fair tax" you  mean a sales tax that penalizes the poor, who must
spend most of their income, from month to month, just to keep going.

Two years ago the Idaho legislature raised the sales tax by a full
20%, and you call that a "fair tax"?

Ralph

Why should people be taxed only on what they spend? Taxing a poor
person on 85-90% of his income while a rich person is taxed on only
1-2% of his income is fair? It sounds perverse to me.

Ralph

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 22:01:27 PDT 2008

All taxes are unfair to some portion of the population.

A national sales tax is the most fair of all for the simple reason
that people are only taxed on what they spend.