[Vision2020] Has McCain Lifted a Story from Solzhenitsyn as His Own?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 18 12:09:40 PDT 2008

Thanks for bringing this up, Nick.

John McCain has told this story about when he was a POW and his captor
drew a cross in the sand and that he'll never forget.

However his story is extremely similar to the story told by by Alexander
Solzhenitsyn. Sure this type of thing could happen more then once however
McCain seems to be a Solzhenitzyn buff. He even wrote a piece on him for
the New York Sun

The video from the Saddleback interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4bTvhXMO7I

"Solzhenitsyn at Work" by John McCain (August 8, 2008) from the New York
Sun:
http://www.nysun.com/opinion/solzhenitsyn-at-work/83117/

I am waiting for his to steal that line used by Steve Martin in "The
Jerk" . . .

"I was born a poor black child . . . "

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)