[Vision2020] Birthdays

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 12 12:06:49 PDT 2008

Today is the 27th birthday of the original IBM PC (model 5150), introduced
August 12, 1981, and initially popularized with "Charlie Chaplin" ads. I
mention this because the personal computer, in all its incarnations, has
had, and continues to have, rather more influence and effects on our daily
lives than some of the items chosen by the Associated Press to commemorate
the day's history.

In fiction, yesterday was Ginny Weasley's 27th birthday. Ginevra Molly
Potter (née Weasley) was born on August 11, 1981. She married Harry Potter
at some point between 1998 and 2017, and they had three children: James
Sirius, Albus Severus, and Lily Luna. Upon retiring from the Harpies, she
became the senior Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.

Ken