[Vision2020] taking it off-line

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Aug 10 09:43:01 PDT 2008

Ted, thanks, as always, for your kind words of support.  I admit to struggling with how much to post on Vision, because it seems there are many who would rather not talk about religion, period.  Unfortunately, many of them seem to lump all expressions of faith, or of Christian faith, into one category -- the category of the delusional, behaving "that way" just because, well, that's what religion does to a guy.  So, then, why bother discussing something both so odd and so personal?  It's almost unseemly.

What I try to do when I write on Vision, and I will continue to do so, is focus on a local example of bad religion and worse behavior when one is presented.  If Doug Wilson makes a horrendously mean-spirited joke on his blog, I'll point it out, if for no other reason than to try to differentiate real Christian character from what we see too often in Moscow.  That goal, both relevant to Moscow and vitally important to me, would seem to be appropriately expressed on this forum.  The ennui I sense in Moscow and on Vision saddens me, but the lack of engagement isn't personal and I don't take it that way.

However, even I know when I've gone on too long on a site whose readers don't much care, and so I began "Prevailing Winds" to do more fully, more robustly, "that thing I do."   Believe me, though -- I haven't left Vision at all (is that a collective sigh of lament?  relief?).

Take care,

Keely