[Vision2020] Drug Thugs rampage again

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 01:01:45 PDT 2008

*Fourth Amendment - Search and Seizure*

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized.
-------
Do you mean to suggest this involves a violation of the Fourth Amendment to
the US Constitution?  Come on now, how quaint and liberal you are!  If you
are suspected of involvement with illegal activity, and "law"
enforcement suddenly without notice bash in your door, kill your dogs, and
humiliate and abuse you and yours person and privacy, remember if you are
law abiding and have nothing to hide, the "law" and law enforcement will
protect you... Oh wait, they already violated your right to protection from
abuse of person or house, by acting like a lawless gang, while you were
innocent (guilty till proven innocent?).  Well, that's the price paid for
public safety, with the balanced and rational approach to drug abuse applied
by the government for all drug use, given the objective realities of the
damage done to society by each drug.  After all, look at how the government
is prosecuting those who promote illegal tobacco and alcohol abuse (who goes
to the penitentiary for distributing alcohol or tobacco to minors?), or
making huge profits off abuses of prescription drug use, with doctors who
never see their patients writing "prescriptions" from Internet sites: this
state of affairs combined doing more drug related harm to the public than
all other drug use... Surely these legal and enforcement policies are
consistent and reasonable regarding use of drugs in our society, balanced to
protect civil rights given the social harm involved...

Justice prevails!

Ted Moffett