[Vision2020] Burn Down the FLDS Church

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 20:05:33 PDT 2008

Paul,

  If you don't understand what is wrong with 50 year old men raping their 13 or 14 year old cousins and forcing them to have their children, while the community watches and says nothing, or praises it, then you seriously need to consider reexamining your core values! It is so wrong on so many different levels.

  The purpose of the law, Paul, is to protect the innocent from being victims, not to shelter criminals from prosecution of the law or to excuse them from justice. Any rights they may have lost in the protection of these children, is far out-weighted by the rights they violated of little girls they violated. Obviously, since there was in fact horrendous crimes being committed, their information was correct. The state has a moral obligation to prevent children from being raped or being forced into sexual contact with others, especially their relatives.

  No adult in the facility, all of which knew the children where being violated and victimized, are innocent. They are required by law to report sexual and violent acts against children. If they saw a 14 year old pregnant, and married to their cousin, 3 times  or more their age, they know there is abuse and neglect, they didn't report it, they are criminals. They are not fit to be guardians or parents of these children.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
  You're misinterpreting our defense of the rule of law and the potential
innocence of the accused as support for these people or as some kind of
statement that they were known to be innocent.

"Take them away because they might have been abused" doesn't cut it.
Coming in and removing all the children was heavy-handed and trampled on
these people's rights (in my opinion). That doesn't mean that I think
some of them might not be guilty.

I'm sure I'm not going to make new friends bringing this up, but what
the heck. I think it needs to be said. While 14 is too young, why the
huge moral outrage over marriage to or impregnating of a young woman
that is 17 years old, assuming it was consensual, of course? You have
to draw the line somewhere, but on the day before their 18th birthday
they are verboten on penalty of having your whole world destroyed, and
on the next day they are fair game? I'm not advocating having sex with
17 year olds, but I think we as a country need to draw a line between
young adult and actual child in our outrage in these incidents. People
treat a 20 year old having sex with a 17 year old as if he or she had
had sex with a 6 year old. There is a huge difference in severity,
wouldn't you say? Ephebophilia and pedophilia are different things.
Both are against the law, and it's up to your individual morals to
determine where the lines should be drawn, but they should (in my
opinion) be dealt with with different sentences.

Paul

Donovan Arnold wrote:
> For those of you that were so outspoken to protect the rights of these
> cultists, testing has now shown that most of the girls between 14 and
> 17 years old have been forced to mother children or are currently
> pregnant.
>
> http://www.idahostatesman.com/apusnews/story/364568.html
>
> The police were absolutely right in removing these children from a
> harmful and destructive lifestyle. I hope they place all these
> children into new loving homes and burn down these child abuser's so
> called church after placing them all in jail for a long, long time. .
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Donovan

> it now.

> List services made available by First Step Internet,