[Vision2020] Safe Lefty's

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 00:17:54 PDT 2008

Paul,

  Do you know how many calories are in a shake? Everyday, you would have to eat nothing else. LOL. I don't think they are thinking when they suggested a prize be to eat there everyday. They better keep an AED next to the winner's seat.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Yeah, I'm kind of wondering what I'll do if I win it. I could go for the
once a week bit, though. It would be a great place to have lunch every
Friday or something. Maybe I could just get a shake every day on the way
home or something.

Paul

Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Lefty's has the best shakes, and only buffalo burgers in Moscow that I
> know of!
> I would not buy a lottery ticket out of fear that I would win the free
> food everyday. That could not be a healthy diet. Anyone ever see the
> Family Guy episode where Peter got as much free fast food as he
> wanted, and he had a stroke? That is what I thought of when I read
> that prize. Also, is the prize dependent upon the success of the business?
> Best Regards,
> Donovan
>
> */Paul Rumelhart /* wrote:
>
> They do have excellent shakes. I'll be buying a raffle ticket or two.
> I hope they find another location.
>
> As Keely pointed out, it takes more than just a cookie cutter and a
> bottom line to be a community business. Where else am I going to
> get a
> buffalo burger?
>
> Paul
>
> Angie Doe wrote:
> >

> > *Cut and Pasted in its entirety from an online bulletin.*
> >
> > WHAT? Protest. But the weird, uncommon, positive type.
> >
> > "Save Lefty's"
> >
> > WHERE? Palouse Mall Enterance/Lefty's
> >
> > WHEN? May 2nd, 5pm
> >
> > Come, carry a sign for 5 minutes.
> >
> > Get a free shake!
> > ===============================
> >
> > The details:
> >
> > By now the word is officially out. The Lefty restaurant located
> in the
> > Palouse Mall, the home of the vandalizer (a now famous burger
> eating
> > challenge) and the best shake on the Palouse for many years is
> being
> > forced to close its doors in the mall...
> >
> > The owners of Lefty's originally moved to the area with the
> vision of
> > running a small town restaurant. They bought Eric's Cafe and
> changed
> > the name to Lefty's. Over the years they have done huge amounts of
> > renovations, repainting, adding lighting, and just recently they
> added
> > booths to make the environment even cozier.
> >
> > Now the Palouse Mall Corporation seems more interested in large
> > corporations than small local businesses. This seems to have in
> part
> > been also responsible for the closure of other small shops, like
> the
> > flower shop, S&P Hobbies, etc. The sad thing is that it is the
> small
> > local places that are really a part of culture.
> >
> > The word on the street is that the mall plans to put in some large
> > corporate pizza joint.
> >
> > Exactly what we need more of in our college town *weary smile*
> >
> > In talking to the owner, Ken, he really wants to keep the
> restaurant
> > going
 and he is looking for another location, but he needs to
> raise
> > some money to help in that transition.
> >
> > There are two ways that you can help out:
> >
> > Come to the Protest. There will be free shakes provided to everyone
> > who participates. There will be fun signs, etc. So come and have a
> > good time. The message of this is to be a positive message of
> helping
> > save the restaurant as a Moscow icon. So, not down with the mall or
> > anything like that. Instead, come and have a good time.
> >
> > Buy a Raffle ticket: In an effort to raise some money to help
> with the
> > search and transition to a new place, Ken is hosting a raffle
> contest.
> >
> > The raffle tickets will cost $10 each, and the prizes are as
> follows:
> >
> > 5 Grand prizes
> >
> > 10 Second place prizes:
> >
> > 20 3rd Place Prizes:
> >
> > The raffle tickets can be purchased either in the Lefty's store
> or in
> > the next couple of days, they will be available for purchase via
> > Paypal at which point the link will be posted.
> >
> > In the unfortunate event that Lefty's is unable to find a new
> > location, the money will be given to the Community Action
> Partnership,
> > Christmas for Kids, or some similar charity.

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > http://www.fsr.net
> > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> List services made available by First Step Internet,