[Vision2020] condemning rape redux/FLDS

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 21:16:28 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:
> In other instances when "only one" child is being abused isn't it pretty
> standard practice for the courts to remove all the children who are at risk
> of being abused?

It's never common practice for the courts to remove children from an
entire community on evidence that *one* child was being abused. Now,
I'm certain that more than one child was being abused in that
community; I think everybody is. However, CPS had no more than a
reasonable suspicion that abuse was being perpetrated by every
individual set of parents in that community.

That's not enough to seize the kids.

-- ACS