[Vision2020] Safe Lefty's

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 18:59:19 PDT 2008

Lefty's has the best shakes, and only buffalo burgers in Moscow that I know of!

  I would not buy a lottery ticket out of fear that I would win the free food everyday. That could not be a healthy diet. Anyone ever see the Family Guy episode where Peter got as much free fast food as he wanted, and he had a stroke? That is what I thought of when I read that prize. Also, is the prize dependent upon the success of the business?

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
  They do have excellent shakes. I'll be buying a raffle ticket or two.
I hope they find another location.

As Keely pointed out, it takes more than just a cookie cutter and a
bottom line to be a community business. Where else am I going to get a
buffalo burger?

Paul

Angie Doe wrote:

> *Cut and Pasted in its entirety from an online bulletin.*
>
> WHAT? Protest. But the weird, uncommon, positive type.
>
> "Save Lefty's"
>
> WHERE? Palouse Mall Enterance/Lefty's
>
> WHEN? May 2nd, 5pm
>
> Come, carry a sign for 5 minutes.
>
> Get a free shake!
> ===============================
>
> The details:
>
> By now the word is officially out. The Lefty restaurant located in the
> Palouse Mall, the home of the vandalizer (a now famous burger eating
> challenge) and the best shake on the Palouse for many years is being
> forced to close its doors in the mall...
>
> The owners of Lefty's originally moved to the area with the vision of
> running a small town restaurant. They bought Eric's Cafe and changed
> the name to Lefty's. Over the years they have done huge amounts of
> renovations, repainting, adding lighting, and just recently they added
> booths to make the environment even cozier.
>
> Now the Palouse Mall Corporation seems more interested in large
> corporations than small local businesses. This seems to have in part
> been also responsible for the closure of other small shops, like the
> flower shop, S&P Hobbies, etc. The sad thing is that it is the small
> local places that are really a part of culture.
>
> The word on the street is that the mall plans to put in some large
> corporate pizza joint.
>
> Exactly what we need more of in our college town *weary smile*
>
> In talking to the owner, Ken, he really wants to keep the restaurant
> going
 and he is looking for another location, but he needs to raise
> some money to help in that transition.
>
> There are two ways that you can help out:
>
> Come to the Protest. There will be free shakes provided to everyone
> who participates. There will be fun signs, etc. So come and have a
> good time. The message of this is to be a positive message of helping
> save the restaurant as a Moscow icon. So, not down with the mall or
> anything like that. Instead, come and have a good time.
>
> Buy a Raffle ticket: In an effort to raise some money to help with the
> search and transition to a new place, Ken is hosting a raffle contest.
>
> The raffle tickets will cost $10 each, and the prizes are as follows:
>
> 5 Grand prizes
> >> 1 year of free food, every day at the new Lefty's.
>
> 10 Second place prizes:
> >> 1 year of free food, once a week at the new Lefty's
>
> 20 3rd Place Prizes:
> >> $25 gift certificates.
>
> The raffle tickets can be purchased either in the Lefty's store or in
> the next couple of days, they will be available for purchase via
> Paypal at which point the link will be posted.
>
> In the unfortunate event that Lefty's is unable to find a new
> location, the money will be given to the Community Action Partnership,
> Christmas for Kids, or some similar charity.

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,