[Vision2020] Safe Lefty's

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 18:53:48 PDT 2008

Yeap,

  Lefty's is unable to pay the new rental rate of 3x what it was last month, so it is unable to continue to stay, just like the Army recruiting station, the Market Place, Hobbies, and and most of the other "non huge chain stores" in the Palouse Empire Mall.

  My suggestion to all of Latah County is not to shop at the PEM because it is anti Moscow. I suggest you buy from local businesses and Wal-Mart.

  PEM won't even allow the bus to stop there anymore. There is nothing PEM is interested in other than making as much money as they can.

  This is a major reason I support the Hawkins Mall, because it will give a place for local businesses to go and provide competition to the PEM.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Angie Doe <moscowresident at gmail.com> wrote:
  Thanks for the info.  I sent this email so that people were aware that there was an event going on not to offer a truth as to why they are closing.  I am not aware of any FACTS one way or the other.  In fact I am not sure that I have ever eaten there.  News of them closing, however, has made me crave a Milkshake and I hear there's are the best.

Angie

P.S.  You can just address me as Angie or Angela as that is the what my parents call me.  Thanks

  On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
    'Also, there are still locally owned businesses in the mall that are doing quite well and are under no pressure whatsoever to relocate.'

Maybe the mall will get to them next.

Sunil

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:14:47 -0700
> From: tex at govandals.com
> To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> Subject: [Vision2020] Safe Lefty's

> Hello "Angie Doe",
>
> While I am a proponent of the idea of supporting local, quality businesses, the rumor I have heard is that Lefty's is quite behind on their rent. Maybe that would explain the mall's motivation.
>
> The mall is owned by a corporation out of Spokane, to answer another question posted here. Also, there are still locally owned businesses in the mall that are doing quite well and are under no pressure whatsoever to relocate.
>
> -Tex

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com