[Vision2020] Quotes

donald edwards donaledwards at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:34:25 PDT 2008

Thought this to be worth sharing with you all and wish you a great weekend!  Don

40 years ago today, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and this nation lost one of the greatest leaders for peace and justice that we have ever known.
All morning, the staff here at MoveOn have been sending each other his quotes and speeches—words that, decades later, still inspire new generations of folks to action.
We were so moved that we really wanted to share some of them with you, as a celebration of Dr. King's legacy and a reminder that his words are as important today as they were 40 years ago.
"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom."

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word."

"The time is always right to do what is right."