[Vision2020] Global Policy Forum: Oil In Iraq

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:53:53 PDT 2007

Sunil et. al.

A careful read of the documents at the Project For A New American century
reveals that containment or regime change in Iran was one of the important
long term goals of the neo-con architects of the Iraq invasion and
occupation, with Iraq merely a stepping stone.

The pdf document at the link below, "Rebuilding America's Defenses," is a
must read for all wishing to understand US Middle East policy as it is now
being implemented:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

The total oil reserves in this critical region of the world are, adding oil
reserves from Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait and the UAE, 709 billion
barrels of the world total of 1292 billion.  These figures no doubt are
approximate (read link below for source), and further exploration or
development will change the accepted reserves.  But, gee, am I wrong to
think that controlling this region might not be linked to the energy
security of the entire multinational economic system, for the next 50 to 100
years, critically dependent on oil for its very survival?  And what dollar
amount of profits are generated in the multinational economic system that
could be placed in jeopardy if oil supplies from the Middle East were
disrupted?  This figure of course is potentially much much larger than just
the wealth generated by extracting, shipping, processing and selling oil and
the products it provides, from gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, to plastics,
fertilizers, etc.  How much of the wealth to be generated in the next 50-100
years on the Dow and NASDAQ is critically dependent on oil from the Middle
East to maintain the multinational economic system?  Wall Street is now a
multinational investment center of grand proportions, with the domestic
agenda of the USA assuming less and less of a dominant role

These figures no doubt dwarf the costs of the Iraq war, being financed in
part by Japan and China as they assume much of the US federal debt, or war
debt.  They no doubt consider this a wise investment in the future stability
of the fossil fuel powered multinational economic system that they are
dependent upon, as is the USA, for continued economic growth and to
maintain, especially in the case of the USA and Japan, their position as
dominant global economic players.  China soon will become an economic
monster that may surpass Japan and perhaps the USA... US multinational
corporations are thus making a killing off facilitating China's emergence as
the next superpower to challenge the USA...The Chinese Communist Party
dictatorship, with no freedom of speech or freedom of political
organization, with gulags for dissenters, kangaroo courts, offering swift
executions, for a justice system, now hosting the Olympics?

As they say, money talks and bulls**t walks!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

Ted Moffett