[Vision2020] Moscow Mayor Appoints Craine to City Council Seat

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 18 16:41:43 PDT 2007

>From today's (September 18, 2007) Moscow-Pullman Daily News -

"City Clerk Stephanie Kalasz said Craine will not appear on the November
ballot because the candidate-filing deadline has passed, but she can run as
a WRITE-IN CANDIDATE [my emphasis added]."

Moscow mayor appoints Craine to City Council seat
Staff report
September 18, 2007

Kit Craine ran unsuccessfully for a Moscow City Council position in 2005.

Less than two years later, she is an official member of the council.

Mayor Nancy Chaney appointed Craine to fill the position formerly held by
John Dickinson, who went missing from the scene of an Oregon auto accident
in January and whose body was recovered from the Columbia River in July.

Chaney said she has no doubt Craine will be an asset to Moscow.

"She has widespread citizen support in our city," Chaney said. "I think she
will be a valuable addition to our committee."

Craine said she was excited about the opportunity to serve the city.

"It should be interesting," Craine said. "I will do the best that I can."

Craine's appointment will end Jan. 7, when the new council begins its term.

City Clerk Stephanie Kalasz said Craine will not appear on the November
ballot because the candidate-filing deadline has passed, but she can run as
a write-in candidate.

I'm guessing that EVERY comment/decision/utterance made (or even considered)
by COUNCILPERSON KIT CAINE (God, that sounds good!) will be scrutinized
closer than Monica Lewinsky's dress and criticized harsher than a gay nun by
a certain local group of sock puppets.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)