[Vision2020] Evangelicals and environmentalists are surprising allies

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Mon Sep 17 12:05:17 PDT 2007

Thanks, Tim and Mark.

As for evangelicals turning "green" -- it's about time.  Showing contempt and disregard for the gift of the Giver is sin, and this is one sin that the church has turned a blind eye to and even, at times, encouraged.

Reading, interpreting, and applying the Scriptures from a position of humble stewardship and mutual submission in our dealings with others would make all the difference in the world -- which is exactly what it's supposed to do.  Unfortunately, the world has suffered because we've decided that being right is better than being righteous, and that justice can be applied as "just us" when it suits our disingenuously pious goals.

keely

"God works patiently and deeply, but often in hidden ways, in the mess of our humanity and history."
--Eugene Peterson