[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 16 16:11:50 PDT 2007

In a letter to the editor of the Lewiston Tribune, published today
(September 16, 2007), Steve Busch suggests that "enforcing existing law
[Moscow Zoning Code] is all that is necessary."

Comments made in a letter to the editor authored by local attorney Jack
Porter and published in the Sept. 12 Lewiston Tribune cannot be ignored. On
Sept. 4, the current city council voted 3-2 to change Moscow's city code in
an attempt to deal with a real problem.

Unfortunately, the majority (Pall, Ament and Lamar) threw the baby out with
the bath water. These three people feel that counting unrelated people in a
dwelling will solve noise and parking problems in residential neighborhoods.

The Greater Moscow Alliance feel enforcing existing law is all that is
necessary. We said so in a letter presented to the council on Sept. 10 (to
see a copy visit www.greatermoscow.org). Mr. Porter thinks this is evidence
the GMA is insensitive to Moscow citizens' cherished life style. Nothing
could be further from the truth. GMA is working hard to educate the public
about issues and candidates.

I urge all Moscow voters to ask candidates for city council tough questions.
Listen carefully to the answers and vote your conscience.

Steve Busch
President
Greater Moscow Alliance
Moscow

Questions, Mr. Busch:  How often, and how selective, should enforcement of
zoning codes be enforced?  Instead of amending the current code ad nauseam
and allowing for conditional use permits every time somebody violates
"existing law", should we draw the proverbial line in the sand, much like
the Raven, strongly proclaim "Ne'er more", and further demand that those
entities that are currently in violation of the zoning code move elsewhere?

Reminder, folks!
http://tinyurl.com/36ghxk

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)