[Vision2020] 2,000 Years Later: Jesus Gets His Day in Court

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Sep 3 10:23:51 PDT 2007

>From KJRH.com (Tulsa, Oklahoma) at:

http://tinyurl.com/36y8j9

2,000 Years Later: Jesus Gets His Day in Court

Reuters) - Did Pontius Pilate commit a human rights abuse when he ordered
the crucifixion of Jesus Christ more than 2,000 years ago?

That is the question facing Kenya's High Court.

A case filed by a group called "Friends of Jesus" calls on the court to
interpret the Law of Moses to determine whether Jesus received a fair trial
for blasphemy.

Dola Indidis - The man spearheading the case - says, "For a long time I have
been thinking over the case of Jesus Christ and I'm convinced, I have been
convinced for a long time that Jesus was not given a fair trial and that the
trial was a nullity as a result of which he suffered crucifixion .I then
decided to instruct counsel so that the same can be challenged in court with
a view of correct record because as we stand today Jesus Christ remains a
convicted criminal, we want the records to be set right."

The case has raised a novel set of legal quandaries - not the least of which
involves the statute of limitations and whether the high court has
jurisdiction over the Son of God.

But the group is relentless in their bid to clear Jesus' name.

"We may go to other jurisdictions, international jurisdictions and seek
redress but after we have been guided with orders from this court," says
Indidis.

The case has triggered a buzz in Kenyan legal circles with Kenyan attorneys
conceding that the complaint is legitimate but disagreeing on whether it is
admissible in Kenyan courts.

The case has also attracted public attention.

The Friends of Jesus or FOJ is a world group that includes lawyers and
wealthy businessmen who view their worldly fortune as a gift from God.

But some regard the group as a cult.

Businessman, David Kipkorir Langat says, "Who are these people? They are
acting on whose capacity? Because even Jesus, does, are they part of the
records of Jesus? Are they saved?"

The case will be heard after the summer recess - in the meantime the group
said it was sending the documents to the pope for advice.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in
chat-room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21, 2007)