[Vision2020] Who is John Galt?

donald huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Wed Oct 31 07:56:15 PDT 2007

For many of us there is nothing like the self-indulgent smirk of an "ah ha
got you moment."  How humiliating it would be if that giddy euphoria was
based on the fragile foundation of Milton Friedman as the quintessential
voice of economic theory. (For those of us, myself included, who need a
quick refresher course in basic economics, I suggest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_market.  It is personally embarrassing to
be reminded of how impressive Ayn Rand's blah blah blah seemed to me when I
was a junior in high school.)

Thank you Dr. Steffen Werner, Dr. Joe Campbell, and Sunil Ramalingam for
reclaiming this conversation from Jeff Harkins' temporary classroom and back
to the real world of Moscow city council elections.

My questions for the GMA candidates are simple.

Is Jeff Harkins your guru on economic issues?

If so, given his devotion to free market theory, can we expect that you will
lobby Latah County Commissioners to levy property taxes on all non-profit
entities in Moscow, including church owned schools, colleges, office
buildings, and coffee houses?

How quickly can we expect a complete release from city taxes (and city
services) if you are successful in your bids for public office?

Rose Huskey