[Vision2020] 9/11 - what should our reaction have been?

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 17:00:25 PDT 2007

Does anybody else see the irony in George W. Bush's
"innocent", pandering reply of Jesus Christ being his
favorite philosopher, and Bush's actions following
911?

Though wanting revenge is normal, and perhaps wise in
some situations, didn't Jesus preach forgiveness?  One
would have thought to be scared not of Bush using the
full force of our country to take revenge on people
who already died commiting their crime, but that Bush
would have turned his other cheek, asking strength
from Jesus to withstand the onslaught from the hawks
to seeking vengeance.  Instead, Bush gave the world
his middle finder, and all the blood and pain that
reigned after pushing the button with that finger to
wage war.

911 should have been a test on our strength, not our
violent tendencies.  911 should have tested a follower
of Jesus to refrain from doing the work of the devil.
Instead, 911 was used to justify what they already
wanted to do, what they have been doing all along:
establish a military presence in the middle of a huge
oil field and the enemy of certain Christians, the
infidel Muslims, who are waiting, encouraging the
Second Coming of Jesus, who I imagined is not too
impressed with either Bush, or the people who have
enabled his reign.

Maybe the hawks really want to have democracy there,
but considering their treatment of democracy here, I
doubt it.  They are fascists, intent on enriching
themselves, while exploiting the rest, squashing our
rights in the meantime.

The terrorists defeated America that day, at least in
terms of living up to the intent our Forefathers laid
out for us in our founding documents.

There will be other tests for us, more than likely.
Will we have learned from the response to 911 and take
a different approach?

The solution: vote for Bubble Smith for President!
More on that later...

gclev

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 19:57:08 PDT 2007