[Vision2020] And the Count Continues . . .

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 30 10:01:51 PDT 2007

Hi Matt and Mark,

Matt, I absolutely agree with Mark:  please quit singling out only those you
disagree with to receive your slaps on the hand while remaining mute on the
truly deplorable tactics of those with whom you share more political views.
It's unseemly, it hurts your credibility, and it's downright unfair.

IOW, quit being part of the problem and start being part of the solution!

For those who've not seen the Trib's coverage of Moscow's latest Kirker
whack job:

 <javascript:viewPhoto(8370,332,499)>
http://www.lmtribune.com/images/1077020.jpg

Dave Glasebrook, holding the yellow sign, staged a campaign protest and
triggered a

counter-protest at the corner of Main and Third streets in downtown Moscow
on Monday evening.

http://www.lmtribune.com/adserver/www/delivery/lg.php?bannerid=303&campaigni
d=182&zoneid=85&channel_ids=,&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lmtribune.com%2Fstory%2Fn
orthwest%2F10084%2F&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lmtribune.com%2Fnorthwest%2F&cb
=1f79c81f71 Moscow city politics take a turn for the personal

Sign-wielding protester takes aim at three incumbents and draws response
from wife of one candidate and councilor

By David Johnson

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

MOSCOW - The campaign for city council here took what some were calling a
tawdry turn Monday evening when a Moscow man displayed a sign alleging
bigotry against three incumbents.

"This is a Christian protest, not a vote protest," Dave Glasebrook said. "My
big problem is that here in Moscow there's been 20 years' worth of strife
with Doug Wilson and Christ Church."

Standing on the sidewalk at the intersection of Main and Third streets,
Glasebrook carried a yellow sign that read: "Vote the Bigot Party - Ament,
Lamar, Pall." He said the slogan was a sarcastic way to raise public
awareness.

Aaron Ament, Tom Lamar and Linda Pall are incumbents running for
re-election. Glasebrook claimed the three are part of a continued campaign
by city government to harass Wilson, his church and New Saint Andrews
College located in downtown Moscow.

"If I stand up and say Christian men in America need to get on their knees
and pray in order to change how America is, in order to change what's going
on in Moscow, Lewiston and Idaho, people won't understand that," Glasebrook
said.

So he decided to take to the street with his sign, attracting the attention
of motorists and pedestrians including Lamar's wife, Aly Lamar, who stopped
to mount a counter-demonstration.

"I'm here because I was riding my bicycle home on Main Street and I saw Dave
holding this sign and it really took me by surprise that he was calling my
husband, as well as other candidates, a bigot," Lamar said, explaining she
returned with one of her husband's campaign signs to stand next to
Glasebrook.

Aly Lamar said Glasebrook told her a number of reasons for his protest that
boiled down to claiming her husband voted with Ament and Pall on various
issues against Wilson, Christ Church and NSA. "So I discussed that with him
a little bit, and got worked up and started crying and frustrated and wanted
to do something." After realizing she and Glasebrook couldn't agree, Lamar
said she decided to go on the offensive.

"So I thought if he's going to have signs and visit with passers-by saying
Tom is a bigot I wanted to be here to let them know, in fact, that Tom is
not a bigot," Lamar said.

Glasebrook claimed Ament, in particular, overtly tried to force NSA out of
the downtown area. He said he was staging the protest on his own, not for or
at the behest of Wilson, or anyone associated with Christ Church or NSA.
"This is to open people's eyes, saying look at the bigotry in Moscow. Look
at what's going on." He said the city council is "not getting after the
Muslims" or any other faith, and that amounts to religious bigotry.

"I just hope God will use this sign and do something," Glasebrook said. "I
can't change Aaron's heart. I can't make him do something. I can't convince
Tom to do something. But I can get on my knees and I can pray that God will
lead them to make right decisions, not just decisions that are working
against one group of Christians in town."

Ament showed up and offered a terse take on Glasebrook's protest. "I think
of the two of us, the one that's guilty (of bigotry) is the one holding the
sign," Ament said. "My major crime is that I don't tolerate intolerance and
that's what I've been hung with. And I will never tolerate intolerance."

Pall could not be reached for comment.

---

Johnson may be contacted at
 <mailto:deveryone at potlatch.com> deveryone at potlatch.com or (208) 883-0564.

JMHO,

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2007 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****